Scientist, Polymer ChemistryCareer Opportunity
As a dynamic and growing company, Allarta Life Science is ready to expand its scientific team. The successful candidate will help develop polymers for several core technologies to enable cell-based therapies. These core technologies include but are not limited to cell encapsulation, facilitating cell attachment, assessing immune protection and cell escape, and cryo protection.
- Allarta Life Science Lab
1280 Main St W, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8
- Permanent, Full time
- Competitive compensation
and benefit package
- Apply by April 25, 2022
Required Degree and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry (polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, materials science) or other related discipline
- 1-3+ years of post-graduate experience in an academic, industrial, or biotechnology setting
- Assist in the development, synthesis, and characterization of novel polymers and materials under the guidance of key team members
- Analyze, interpret, and compile data for weekly presentations with key team members
- Develop, troubleshoot, and optimize protocols as required
- Assist with management and training of co-op students as required
- Perform weekly maintenance for chemistry laboratory space and equipment
- Create experimental reports and present results to key team members
- Perform scientific and patent literature reviews
- Write scientific reports and manuscripts for publication
- Maintain clear and rigorous experimental records, including electronic laboratory notebooks
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ensure biohazardous materials and chemicals/reagents are handled and disposed of in compliance with company procedures
- Other duties as assigned
The candidate must:
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work independently
- Have excellent attention to details and meticulous bench work skills
- Be self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Be experienced in working and collaborating with teams in remote work conditions
Diversity and Inclusion
Allarta Life Science is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all and seek qualified candidates who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives.
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Allarta Life Science makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Compensation and Benefits
Our employees are our greatest asset, so we empower and support them in their professional and personal lives. Allarta Life Science offers competitive compensation, benefit programs and resources to support professional achievement and personal well-being.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The Allarta Life Science lab is located at McMaster University and all employees must adhere to University requirements. This is a term and condition of employment.
McMaster’s Vaccination Policy, which has been in place since October 2021, is being paused but if pandemic circumstances and public health advice shifts and government requirements change, the University may need to quickly resume the Vaccination Policy.