Veterinary TechnicianCareer Opportunity
Allarta Life Science is looking for an energetic, experienced and efficient Veterinary Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be working on rodent and large animal pre-clinical studies with a team of experienced veterinarians and scientists on bringing cell-based therapies to patients.
- Allarta Life Science Lab
1280 Main St W, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8
- Permanent, Full time
- Competitive compensation
and benefit package
- Apply by April 25, 2022
Required Degree and Experience:
- Diploma from recognized two- or three-year Veterinary Technician program or equivalent discipline
- 1-3+ years previous experience as an Animal Veterinary Technician within a research animal facility
- Perform a variety of surgeries/procedures on small and large animals according to approved Animal Utilization Protocol
- Bi-weekly blood glucose measurements on many animals (50+)
- Emergency availability as required
- Tissue sampling or examination as required
- Provide direction to team members assisting with procedures
- Scheduling room bookings and ordering supplies as required through the CAF at McMaster University
- Record, analyze, and interpret data to be communicated with management and team members on a weekly basis
- Participate in 3+ weekly team meetings as required
- Assist with inventory management of animals (ordering, receiving)
- Coordinate with team members in lab to ensure proper inventory and transport of supplies between the laboratory and the CAF
The candidate must:
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Be experienced in working and collaborating with teams in remote work conditions
Diversity and Inclusion
Allarta Life Science is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all and seek qualified candidates who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives.
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Allarta Life Science makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Compensation and Benefits
Our employees are our greatest asset, so we empower and support them in their professional and personal lives. Allarta Life Science offers competitive compensation, benefit programs and resources to support professional achievement and personal well-being.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The Allarta Life Science lab is located at McMaster University and all employees must adhere to University requirements. This is a term and condition of employment.
MCMASTER UNIVERSITY VACCINATION POLICY STATEMENT
The University is committed to providing and maintaining healthy and safe working and learning environments for all workers, students, volunteers, and visitors. All McMaster community members, including employees, accessing a McMaster campus or facility in person are required to be fully vaccinated or to have received an exemption for a valid human rights ground. Vaccines approved by Health Canada, or the World Health Organization will be recognized. The University will continue to follow the guidance of public health organizations to define fully vaccinated.
The Covid-19 vaccination requirement has been adopted as part of the University’s efforts to keep our community safe and based on the evidence which is demonstrating that vaccination is one of the most significant measures that can be taken to protect student, staff, faculty and community members.
Further information is available at the following link: https://covid19.mcmaster.ca/campus-health-safety/#tab-content-vaccination